Have you ever felt overwhelmed, trapped into saying “yes” when you want to say “no”, feeling stretched to the max in your life situations and relationships? I think that happens to all of us at some time or other.Stress raises your cortisol. Excess cortisol makes you gain belly fat. So there are a lot of great benefits to learning how and using naturalstress management. How can you reduce feeling unappreciated, stressed and disrespected when life seems nonsensical? Use natural stress management techniques!
Stress Management Techniques
Did you know that when you focus on what you can do or have, you can actually reduce your stress? This includes naturally lowering your blood pressure, reducing the intensity of headaches, settling your upset stomach and other physical helps. I want to share with you some simple stress management techniques. You can use them even if you’re taking prescription medicines I’ve put them all together for you in the 5 steps below.
- Step one – Identify and acknowledge that you are feeling overwhelmed or stressed by saying out loud, “I feel stressed out!” You may want to say this with others around you or when you are alone. If you are at work, go into the janitor’s closet or into the bathroom or on the patio where you can be alone with your thoughts.
- Step two -Sit on a chair where you are undistracted. Focus on thinking one thought that feels peaceful to you. It can be as simple as saying the word peace.
- Step three – As you say your peace inspiring word, slowly inhale and then exhale. As you inhale and exhale, allow your shoulders and neck to relax. Keep inhaling and exhaling slowly, saying your peace word slowly as well. This is not a race! It is a relaxation and natural, effective, gentle stress reduction technique. You were already all stressed out because you feel out of time to get some task done. This is a time to relax.
- Step four -As you say the peace word, use your imagination the same way you did as a child. Imagine that you are a super hero that everyone loves. Or, imagine that you are with your favorite pet loving him or her, enjoying spending time with your four legged friend. Or, if you have a different type of pet, just imagine being with that pet. You are free of the current thing causing the stress. Instead you are on a vacation in your mind to a fabulous resort where you are adored, cherished, pampered.
- Step five – Stay in this peace place until you are ready to come back into this present moment. Do so bringing forward the relaxed feeling you felt while you were away on your mental vacation from stress.
My name is Doris Robinson. I’m a Registered Nurse, and I am Suburban Philly Hypnosis. I can help you naturally, effectively, gently reduce and release your stress. Help is just a phone call away. Call me at (215) 659-6955. I look forward to coaching you into a stress free environment soon!